Responding To COVID-19
Please wear a face covering at all times when purchasing wine or entering The View. Our staff will wear face coverings in any interactions with our guests.
You are welcome to use our toilet facilities inside The View, however indoor tastings are not possible under the current guidelines.
We have Track & Trace QR codes displayed for you to use the NHS COVID-19 app.
Under current Government regulations we will be welcoming parties of up to 6 people from multiple households or two households of up to 12 people.
On Arrival to the Estate
– Each customer will be required to give their email address and telephone numbers on arrival, this information will be provided to the government “track and trace” initiative should it be requested. The data will only be held for 21 days unless you consent to your details being added to our database. We also display the Track and Trace QR code at several locations around the building.
– Depending on whether you looking to undertake a self-guided walk of the Estate or simply enjoy a glass of English Wine with a Kentish platter, the team will be able to assist you. If you are dining at the Estate a member of the team will take you to your table.
Cleaning & PPE
– Please note as per Government Guidance it is now mandatory for face coverings to be worn when entering the building until you are seated. Staff will also be wearing face coverings at all times.
– All surfaces which are accessible to staff and customers will be sanitised every hour. The frequency will be increased depending on customer numbers.
– All external doors will be kept open when weather permits, in the event of closure door handles will be sanitised every 30 minutes.
– The toilets will be cleaned every 30 minutes and the frequency will be increased dependent on usage.
– A toilet cleaning rota will be in use, showing times cleaned and who cleaned them.
– Staff will wash hands every 30 minutes with soap and water, however disposable gloves will be worn when carrying out cleaning duties.
– All customers will enter via our welcome desk and be encouraged to sanitise their hands. Hand sanitising stations will be clearly signposted throughout the shop, terrace areas and outside the front entrance of the winery shop.
– Payments will be card and contactless only. The card machine will be placed on the sales payment stations, safely distanced from the till point and member of staff. All card machines will be sanitised after each use.
– Click and collect orders will be placed at the front entrance of the winery shop under our exterior undercover area. Each order will have clear, printed information of the customer’s name, product etc. Customer pre orders will have an agreed pick up time.
Food and beverage service
– As per government guidelines, there is table service only, the bar is not accessible to customers. On arrival to the Estate customers will be met and seated to their table by a member of the team.
– Staff will wash and sanitise their hands prior to handling clean glassware and immediately after handling dirty glassware.
– A trained staff member will collect, sanitise and clean in our high temperature dish washer. Staff will wash and sanitise their hands prior to handling clean cutlery and plates and immediately after handling dirty plates and cutlery.
– Currently under the Government roadmap, no guided tours can take place at the Estate.
– Customers are however welcome to come to the Estate to enjoy a self-guided tour. Before embarking on your self-guided tour, you will be welcomed by a member of the team and briefed on safety during your walk and provided with a map before you set off to explore our 400-acre Estate at your own pace.
All these guidelines will be reviewed on a regular basis and amended to reflect both changing government guidelines and common-sense safety practices.